Friday, July 16, 2021

Five Minute Friday: STRONG

 Linking up with Five Minute Friday for this post, where we free-write for five minutes on a topic, no edits, no second-guessing. This week's word is STRONG. 

And... go...

Some prompts automatically trigger words. 

Today, when I read strong... I thought, "I've got nothing."

The only thing I could think about is the verse "My grace is sufficient"... which just happens to be the name I chose for my blog several years ago. His grace is sufficient. 

The rest of that verse, and I'm paraphrasing here, says, "I'll glory in my weakness, for when I am weak ou are strong."

We are told in another verse that He is our strongtower. 

We don't have to be strong... because He is. 

However, that doesn't mean that we get a free pass. Even when we are weak, we have to rely on Him, and sometimes admitting that you need help and don't have it all together is the biggest sign of being strong. 

Most people who are strong physically aren't that way naturally... like anything, there may be some element of natural ability, but they also have to put in some work. They have to train physically. They have to do things sometimes that they don't want to. 

And that's how it is with us. Even in our weakness, we have to work to let go and let God. We have to give in and surrender, which can be incredibly hard. 

But in that, when we recognize that we aren't strong but He is, there's a peace that passes all understanding. 

Lean into that today. 

You don't have to be strong... 

No comments:

Post a Comment