Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2017

I recently followed several book review blogs and I was thrilled when I found that one of them linked up with this post over at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they do a top ten related to some kind of book topic, so y'all know I had to put my two cents in. This week's topic is the most anticipated books of the second half of 2017.  (Click on the link to find lots of book suggestions!)

I'll admit this is a hard topic for me, because as much as I love books I don't really "anticipate" them much... namely because I'm cheap and tend to wait to purchase books until they've been out a while. Plus, I've got so many on my to-read list that I feel bad neglecting those I already have to start one I don't, but there are always exceptions to the rule.

So, here goes!

1. Camino Island by John Grisham- releasing in June. I love anything by John Grisham, and he is one author I will buy fresh off the press!
2. The Identicals by Elin Hildebrand- releasing June 13th, just in time for it to be a good book read... which is what Hildebrand always delivers!
3. When We Were Worthy by Marybeth Whalen- releasing in September. This book caught my eye when I saw it involved high school cheerleaders, because I still feel like a high school cheerleader even though that's been 20 years ago.
4. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate- releasing June 6th. Wingate is another author that I absolutely love.
5. The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck- releasing in July. I don't even know what this book is about but I know I'll love it because I have loved everything I've read by Hauck.
6. Love Story by Karen Kingsbury- releasing June 6th. The characters in Kingsbury's books are so relatable... I feel like I'm meeting with my next door neighbors.
7. The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green- releasing June 6- another great beach read!
8. Church of the Small Things by Melanie Shankle- releasing in October- because she is funny. And relatable. And I feel like she reads my mind.
9. Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker- releasing in August- Because what woman doesn't need to be reminded that it's ok to be strong but also a mess?
10. The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin- releasing in September- Ever since reading The Happiness Project, I've been enchanted by Rubin's form of self-help.

And, on my night stand... not new releases, but ones I look forward to every summer- Gone with the Wind and To Kill A Mockingbird

I'd love to hear what you're anticipating!

No comments:

Post a Comment