Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Eternal Life Matters

Last week I sat on the edge of the ocean and thought about God.

It never fails, as I've written before on this blog.

I can't help but gaze out at that water and think of how small I am, and how infinitely big my Creator is.

Yet He loves me.

He died for me.

In this world, we have things all mixed up. I've been increasingly saddened by the sheer craziness of this world. Black lives matter. Blue lives matter. All lives matter.

Those words sparking debate where there should be none, because over 2000 years ago Jesus settled the case for mattering, when He allowed them to nail Him to the cross so that He could die so that we could live.

Because we mattered to Him.

Here on earth, we're all about equal rights...

and I think that is ever so important. Noone is better than anyone else, and everyone deserves an opportunity.

But again, we seem to have it upside down...

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."- Philippians 2:7-8

He was God but did not consider equality with God...

but MADE HIMSELF NOTHING.

If Jesus made Himself nothing, what does that say we should do?

God despises the proud.

He upholds the humble.

Humility is desired.

Love your neighbor and pray for those who despitefully use you.

And the greatest shall be the least of these...

So hard for our minds to wrap around, how the true leader is the servant.

And in this upside down world, I can't help but think that having our own agendas is doing nothing to serve each other.

I can't pretend to know exactly where you come from... but I know that we are more alike than different. We all have fears. We all have insecurities. We all have dreams.

and we all have a God-sized hole in our heart.

This world will never be perfect...

But there will come a day when every knee will bow and every tongue confess, and a great multitude of all tribes and tongues and nations will gather around His throne.

And we'll worship around His throne forever, y'all.

And the only life that will matter will be eternal.

And y'all, as I gazed at that ocean last week, I thought about Heaven.

No more sorrow. No more dying. Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man...

We can't even imagine it.

I jokingly posted last week that red velvet donuts from the Donut Hole are sure to be served at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

And they're good...

but if I know that's good, and I can't even imagine what He has in store for me???

It excites me.

It makes me want to love a little more...

because love is the only way to get there.

Love, and Jesus...

Who made the way for all of us.

Because to Him, the abundant life matters.

He IS the abundant life... here...

and forever.

And it's free for you, for the taking. Just ask Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment