Friday, April 1, 2016

Quarterly Newness

April...

1/4 of the year is already passed by and I find myself wondering where it went.

Basketball season eats up a large portion of that, and then we find ourselves stumbling along trying to figure out what to do with ourselves.

We've done some riding.

Watched some movies on DVD.

Wallace has discovered Sons of Anarchy, so I'm ready to go back to basketball season.

I've been trying to do laundry, but I swear the stuff procreates.

I'm also looking ahead to summer and thinking of all the books I'll read...

and also the research article that I'll be writing.

Tonight, as I contemplated this first quarter of 2016, I found myself thinking of Lamentations 3.

For many of us, these first three months may have been a bust. We may have coasted along in oblivion, consumed by the mundane that is everyday life. Not really appreciating the moment.

I've been trying to do better about being present, but that little cell phone makes it all too easy to check out.

And people are living their lives on social media and I may miss something!!!

So... as I'm thinking of this next quarter of 2016, thinking about purpose and what it means to live a life of purpose...

I'm also thinking of how I'm going to try to put down the phone.

Oh, my heart just hurt!

But there really is no need for it to be an appendage to my hand...

so, that's what I'm going to do to make these next few months better.

What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment