Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tomorrow is Another Day

This post may come out as nauseatingly (is that a word? As in make you want to throw up in your mouth?) whiny and for that I apologize.

I told you that in my quest to write for 365 days (which, I'll point out... I've already failed at... but I'm going to do the best I can) I would warn you if I was uninspired.

So, tonight's one of those nights.

I woke up to white... again...

I recognize that we don't have it nearly as bad as people in Boston do.

And at least I have internet, electricity, and heat...

And Wallace even shoveled his car out and went to town today and got McDonalds (which were the best French fries I have ever tasted... and I'll remind you that I've only been "snowed in" for two days).

But basically I've sat in my pajamas and ate brownies and read until my Kindle died.

And played Candy Crush until my computer died.

And listened to my husband dissect how many teams in the 14th region have been able to make it to the gym and how he's going to get his girls in the gym, to which I replied too many times to count "The entire state of Kentucky has been declared an emergency state." to which he replied "Ball is life" and I have to think that he was only half joking.

It has been nice to sleep a little late and lounge in my pajamas and dread the treadmill all day instead of coming home and climbing on because you've been in class all day and in a gym all night and you know that you only have to do 2 miles because you don't have time to do anymore.

And then it hit me that we've not had college classes in a week and I began to slightly panic because our schedule for 128/120 is a little tight as it is... and how in this world were we going to make up this time missed?

And then I convinced myself that there was nothing I could do about it now because the college is closed and I don't have an exam finished and my students are stuck in hollers with varying degrees of internet access...

So I picked up a book and decided that Denial is not just a river in Egypt, which is basically my passive-aggressive response to everything that I don't want to do.

And I did force myself to do three miles, walking, on the treadmill, albeit at a very slow pace and only because I had Dance Moms DVRd from last night.

I'm not sure what my motivation will be tomorrow...

But I'll deal with that then.

Because, after all, tomorrow is another day.

Another snow day, at that.



No comments:

Post a Comment