Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Weekly Faithful Finish Line Check-in

Today is Wednesday. I slept until 835 without the alarm, and got up on my own.

I spent an hour reading my Bible. 

And I spent an hour on the treadmill.

I love days at home.

As you may know if you've been reading this blog, I'm participating in a challenge called Faithful Finish Lines and blogging about my project. Each week, we're given a challenge and sent encouraging emails. There's also a facebook group that we have access to where we can go and cheer each other one.

Today is Wednesday.  I've not read one email nor read one encouraging post on the page, because I have been so busy.  Clinical two days in a row.  Basketball games both nights.  Then helping Caleb with homework Monday night and fighting the panic that came from a broken  MacBook charger (his, not mine). 

And they were in my mind when after that MacBook charger/homework/9 PM drama, I climbed on the treadmill and did a minimum of 15 minutes... to get my 10,000 steps in.  And I even ran some.

They were in my mind on Monday when I only ate a couple of tiny bites of the Reese's blizzard that called my name at Dairy Queen.

I thought about the challenge yesterday as I paced in the gym, knowing I wouldn't hit the treadmill but I would at least get my 10,000 steps in.

I thought about it today as I thanked God for college basketball and pounded out 4.5 miles.

It's all about baby steps, really.

I'm averaging 11,000 steps a day.  Got 10,000 every day this last week except for Sunday.  I've worked out at least three days a week for the past two weeks.

One step at a time...

And I know that even though I've not been posting, they are cheering me on!

Goals for this coming week: 10,000 steps every day; average 12,000 steps for the week; three days of exercise on treadmill; and increase my water intake to get 64 oz of water every day.

Online Faith and Fitness Program






1 comment:

  1. We ARE cheering you on! Look at this awesome progress you are making! I am sooo impressed! You go, my friend.

    ReplyDelete