Monday, February 9, 2015

Three Little Pigs

Today has been a Monday.  It started somewhat rough and didn't get much better.

Unless you count the pigs, which made my night a little brighter.

For as long as I can remember, my little sister has loved pigs.  She now loves pug dogs more, but everytime I think of pigs I think of Kami.

Which is crazy, because she is the antithesis of a girl you'd think of when you think of pigs rolling around in the pen.

Anyway, on the way home from school I was chatting with Caleb. We were listening to music and I was asking him to find a song I had heard last night while watching the Grammys. He turned it on and even though I didn't know many of the words I belted it out, because nothing makes your Monday feel better than singing loudly off-key.

(Unless, of course, you are singing loudly off-key along to Pearl Jam with the sun shining and the sunroof open... not an option today, unfortunately).

So at the top of Shoulderblade Hill, there they are in the ditch.

Three little piggies.

And there was no bad wolf in sight.

At the bottom of the hill I turned around so we could go back and let Caleb snap a pic.

They were no longer in the ditch.

"Mom, you are hallucinating."

But I wasn't, because as we came to the top of the hill, there they were, running down the road in my lane just like they belonged.



I'd blow my horn (huff and puff, don't you know?) and they'd run a little ways, and then stop... and I'd repeat the process, until I got to a place where I could pass.  We turned back around at the bottom of the hill and headed back home.

And my Monday didn't seem so bad anymore... all because of the unexpected.

And also because I couldn't help but think of how much I love bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment