Monday, February 6, 2012

Worry

I am a worrier.  I worry about things that have happened.  I worry about things that didn't happen.  I worry about things that could happen.  I find myself running scenarios over and over in my mind, until I'm convinced that it is already the gospel about what is going to happen. 
     
In my Jesus Calling Devotion yesterday (which I read today, because of my fun and exciting weekend), there was a line that I absolutely loved.  It said, "You will never run out of things to worry about, but you can choose to trust Me no matter what."  No matter how worried I am about what I did, or didn't, or couldn't do.  No matter how scared I am that I am inadequate, or that I will never get done with all that I need to do.  No matter that at times it feels like the whole world is crashing down on me.  No matter what, He's there.  He's waiting. Quietly.  He's not pushy or aggressive.  He just waits... no matter what. 

We can always come up with the negative.  Our adversary the devil is out there seeking, and decieving us using our thoughts (spouting back to us what we come up with all on our own), is one of his favorite tricks.  It's easy to tell ourselves that we'll never be good enough. That we'll never have it under the control.  That we're not doing what we're supposed to be doing.  But He says we are good enough. He's in control, and He's going to work it out. He has a plan and a purpose, and works all things for good to those who love Christ. 

"Greater is He that is in me than He who is in the world." 1 John 4:4.  Thank God.  =)
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble for its own." Matthew 6:34


No comments:

Post a Comment