Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Working Blues

I love my job.  Really, I do.  I get the best of both worlds; get to educate the next generation of great nurses while at the same time getting my summers off to spend with my boys.  I get to spend time with patients, getting to know them and their families, and help make a difference.  I get to hang antibiotics and start IVs and chart and do more charting, and at the end of the day I go home, bone tired but feeling like I've accomplished something.  But then there are nights like tonight, when Jackson City almost came back to beat Wolfe County, and I would have really liked to have been at that game cheering them on.  When I didn't get to see Caleb because he was asleep by the time I got home.  But enough whining... because I have a job.  I have a healthy son who has grandparents to go pick him up from school, feed him, help him with his homework, and make sure he gets a shower before bedtime.  I have a husband who works hard so that I could take a job with a paycut so I could be off during the summer and on weekends.  Being an adult isn't hard, but I've not got it bad, either.  So thank You, Lord, for taking care of me and mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment