Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snow

Wintertime... not my favorite time of the year.  I am so much more about sunshine and happiness, lying by the pool with my suntan lotion on (even though I know I shouldn't be using it), my sunglasses on and a good book in my hand.  Much, much better than freezing to death...

Except for days like today.  The snow started off as sleet, but before I knew it, Twin Cedar was a winter wonderland with big, fluffy snowflakes twirling to the ground.  A good day for a nap on the couch.  Outside now, everything is a magical white and all is right with the world.  At least until tomorrow, when everyone starts getting out and driving in it and the white becomes a murky brown and it becomes more slush. 

The beauty of God is like that... we make it messy when it is just simple.  Like snow, God's blessings waft down from the sky and land on us, undeserving.  And then, before you know it, we start muddying it up.  Tonight, though, as I think about that pure, unadulterated beauty covering the world as I know it outside, I thank God for beauty in a mess.  For His love that washes away our sins and makes us as white as snow... perfect.  Blemish free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment