Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Tuesday Tidbits (Volume 1, Edition 5)

Sorry, friends, I'm short on thoughts this week. There's a meme circling the internet (or it has been for a while) that says, "This week has been exhausting, says me, on a Tuesday" and that's where I am tonight. 

New "old" job- 

Yesterday I started at HCTC, where I went to school and started my teaching career. It's home, but obviously there have been some changes in four years. I'm teaching LPN, which is new, and it's been a tad bit overwhelming trying to figure out what exactly I need to be doing... but I keep telling myself it's fine. 

"It's fine. It will all be fine." or "It's ok. Everything is ok." 

This quote has been the story of my life for the past year and a half, and even though we were stressed out this weekend I couldn't help but get a little tickled when my sister Kami said this a couple of times as we were moving her. Here are my thoughts on moving: 

It stinks. 

I'm sore. 

It stinks even more when the apartment is on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator, and the new apartment in the new city is on the 2nd floor, also with no elevator. 

My calf muscles are still on fire. 

What I Read This Week: 

Zero. Zilch. Nada. See thoughts on new job and on moving Kami. 

What I'm Listening To: 

Thank You Lord by Chris Tomlin. Go listen. There's a couple of surprise guests in there. I was listening to K-Love in my car the other day and thought, "Well that sounds just like Thomas Rhett..." so I looked it up on you-tube and sure enough... 

What I'm Needing: 

Since it's the beginning of the semester, I'd love to hear your most inspirational quote! I love quotes, and love to share them. 

Be like a sunflower- keep your face to the sun. Snapped this pic on my walk earlier this week and just thought you could use some almost mid-week cheering up, too. I love the brightness of sunflowers. May you shine just as brightly. 

Be blessed, friends! Thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment