Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happiness Is...

This evening I had the task of cleaning out my wallet, as the zipper had broken and it was time to retire it.

I often say my life is one hot mess...

that's evident in the number of Diet Coke bottles and McDonalds bags in the floor of my car.

And also the number of recipes sticking in my wallet.

I very rarely carry a purse, and never have cash, so I stick those receipts in the zippered portion since it has my credit card information on it...

which may be why the zipper broke. (I had also had it for almost five years. A fashionista (is that a word?) I am not. Who wants to spend money on purses and wallets when you could be buying books?
(Unless of course, you are one of those people who love you some purses and shoes. My cousin Sawyer Grace is going to be one of those people... at New Year's Eve she had her small purse... complete with three pacifiers. A girl has to be prepared.)

So, as I digress...

As I was cleaning out the wallet I found an old American Eagle rewards card from when Caleb was obsessed with American Eagle. I had my CPR Instructor card that had expired in 2014.

But... tucked away amidst my Food City and Rite Aid and IGA cards was a real gem.

A Barnes and Noble gift card from a couple of Christmases ago..

with $22.26 written on it.

A giddy feeling came upon me.

Surely if that wasn't the actual balance I would have had them throw it away at the register, right?

And, lo and behold, it worked!

It's the little things, folks.

Today, happiness is a Barnes and Noble gift card with a balance on it that you had forgotten about.

A bite of blueberry donut from Dunkin Donuts.

Melody laughing.

Mispronouncing the names in the Bible in 1 Chronicles because you're from Eastern Kentucky and only God really knows how to pronounce them... but knowing that even mispronounced words can't hinder the purpose of God's Word.

A hug from Caleb.

Finishing two miles even though you had to walk them because you're out of shape.

Planning hikes for prettier days.

What's happiness for you today? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment