Saturday, March 12, 2016

Elohim- The Creator God

Today I hiked up to Natural Bridge.

It had been a couple of years since I had walked from the bottom, and I'm pretty sure I'll pay for it tomorrow.

But no pain, no gain, right?

And as Caleb kept on yelling back to Lindsay and I, encouraging us, one statement he made stuck out.

"It'll be worth it when you get there."

As I stood on the top of that bridge, I thought of what I had just read this morning in Wendy Blight's I Know His Name.

About how Elohim is my Creator... and He is the Creator of all things.

By Him. For Him.

I'm fearfully and wonderfully made, even though I'm often a hot mess.

That Natural Bridge doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

but God's creation doesn't have to.

Because He doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes.

His ways are higher than ours.

He uses the foolish to confound the wise.

So, as I stared across the vast horizon, looking at the treeline that would all too soon to be green...


As I glanced over the bridge and noticed one lone rose blooming...


As I watched my manchild maneuver the rocky trail...


As I chatted with my cousin, who just over a year ago had a stroke and didn't know what the future would hold...



As I listened to the birds chirp and felt the breeze blow through my hair...

As I treaded through the mud and felt the slightly wet rock on the climb up the hill...

As I breathed in deep the fresh air as I made my way back down the trail...

I relished it.

Because the God who created me...

He created all of that. And He created each of us, in His own image...

For His Glory.

" In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.

  The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. "- Psalm 95: 4-5   
 
"   For we are His Workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hat before ordained that we should walk in them."- Ephesians 2:10                            

No comments:

Post a Comment