Monday, March 2, 2015

What I Learned in February

1. JFK had Addisons disease. I have read books on JFK and he fascinates me, but I never picked up on this fact, or at least, if I did, I had forgotten it.  Wallace and I were watching a movie called Parkland, about the events that occurred during the time of his death, and it mentioned this.  I then proceeded to google it, and lo and behold, it talked about it on the History channel's webpage.  Addison's disease is an endocrine disorder that is exacerbated by stress.  I can't imagine how hard it would have been for him to function as President, with all of the stress he faced.  Amazing.

2. When your son says his wrist hurts, believe him.  Even if it isn't bruised.  Or swollen.  And has maximum range of motion and a good grip.
Needless to say, I learned this the hard way, after a fall and a subsequent trip to the doctor, followed by an x-ray and a cast. 
Mama's aren't always right.


3. Sometimes people say things that aren't true and that hurt your feelings.  You've got to learn to just deal with it.  I won't elaborate on this one, because there really is no need. There are always two sides to every story, and occasionally someone will have a different perspective.

4. Before you fall backwards into a snow drift, make sure your shirt is tucked into your pants. Learned the hard way, while making snow angels with Caleb.


5. One day of snow is fun... a few inches... but 14 inches and five days off of work... um, not so much. Especially when you have to go back into work. It was beautiful.  It was peaceful. 


But I am paying the repercussions now, as I struggle to get back into a routine a week later.

With more in the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment