Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17th Link-Up with Three Ws

There's not much that I like to think about more than books. I love books. Love the feel of new books in my hands, love running my hand alongside the spine when a book is new (or used) on a bookshelf in a bookstore. I love hardback books, paperback books, books on Kindle- I'm not picky. I'll read most genres and I am one of those people that if I start a book, I'll finish it, even if it takes me two years.
That's why I love linkups with other blogs that involve reading. I can never have too many books on my to read list, and I love perusing other people's lists and seeing what they recommend. So, today, I'm taking a break from #My500Words to link up and share my answers to three questions: What I'm reading, What I just read, and What I think I'll read next.

 (Graphic borrowed from Taking on a World of Words, where I'm linking up).
On WWW, folks around her site answer three questions:
What are you currently reading?
I'm an overachiever. When I was young I always had a book open in every room, and I've kind of carried that on... This is a little different from my Goodreads profile because sometimes I'll start a book (especially an actual book) and get distracted after only a couple of pages, only to go back once I finish another book.
I am also reading some books not on my Goodreads profile. For example, I'm reading several marital help books... not because my marriage is in a bad place, but because I'm trying to be more fruitful, and I'm often the least patient and kind to Wallace, so I'd like to do better.
Same books I was reading this time last year:
Daily Guideposts 2018, because I like a daily devotional
My Chronological Bible, a little bit a day
66 Ways God Loves You: Experience God's Love for You in Every Book of the Bible  by Jennifer Rothschild... reading this along with my Chronological Bible, so I'm just on Genesis because that's where I'm reading in the Bible
The Rejected Writer's Book Club by Suzanne Kelman- fabulous, no-thinking read about a group of ladies who write and celebrate rejection
The Ice Princess- a thriller with a dark turn- has some language- but had me captivated early on in the reading
Hello Mornings by Kat Lee- because I desperately need a morning routine and I am not a morning person, and while most days I don't want to be, I'm going to have to learn to be to be fruitful this year.
The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn, because kindness is one of the fruits of the Spirit.
Daughter of the Legend by Kentucky author Jesse Stuart
Stronger by Jeff Bauman because I want to see the movie and we all know you have to read the book first
Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke because I love these murder mysteries, and I love Hannah, and I can read them without contemplating anything serious, which is great for days like today when I don't have a brain
The Lombardi Rules because everything you need to know about life can be summed up by a quote from one of the greatest football coaches of all times.
10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman because the song is powerful. This book tells examples of how real-life people have related to the lyrics.
The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand- some sexual content and language but she's one of my favorites and also her books make me think of summertime which I desperately need
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince because, hello, it's Harry Potter and I still haven't finished the series.
Walt Whitman and Ralph Waldo Emerson because they are classics. I'll be reading these all year, I'm pretty sure.
The Philadelphia Chromosome about CML and cancer treatment- interesting read.
All in All Journaling Devotional because Sophie Hudson is just as awesome as Melanie Shankle.
Chazown: Discover and Pursue God's Purpose for Your Life by Craig Groeschel

New:
In Bloom by Kaylee Aimee. I'm on the launch team for this one and it is delightful. Totally relatable, and laugh-out loud funny.

 What did you recently finish reading?
Church of the Small Things study guide because Melanie Shankle is basically me, with best-selling books and awesome hair.
Nathan Coulter by Kentuckian Wendell Barry because reading his work in on a Kentucky Bucket List and y'all know I'm all about Exploring Kentucky.
Sacred Space- this is a book to be read during Advent but it has some bonus reading so I'm still soaking it up. After all, shouldn't Advent be year round?
Winter Storm by Elin Hilderbrand, which was the third in her Winter series and perfectly delightful.
 What do you think you’ll read next?
I Am Loved by Wendy Blight for P31 OBS
I've got several hiking books about trails in Kentucky that I'll probably start working my way through.
The second book in the Outlander series. The second book in The Little House on the Prairie book series.
Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham, because I love Gilmore Girls and Kami bought me this for Christmas last year but I hadn't watched Gilmore Girls so I had to wait until I had finished.
To Kill a Mockingbird
Beartown for a book challenge

and I also have too many books downloaded on my Kindle, especially for the beginning of the semester... so, happy reading!

Answer the 3 Ws in the comment section because a girl's to read list can never be too long!

1 comment:

  1. This is an impressive list. I get the way you say you like to "have a open book in every room" (I've done that as well, though lately I've been trying to focus on finishing some of those "open books").

    I also love your choice of the Matchmaker because you "need summer". We're celebrating the 40F temps here today, after the past few weeks.

    Here's my WWW, if you're interested: https://edenmabee.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/wednesday-stuff/

    ReplyDelete