Monday, January 1, 2018

2018- A Blank Page


New day.

New year.

New opportunities.
Doesn't it just make your heart feel good?

Or... maybe not.

This morning as I was reading one of the books I'm finishing up from Advent (these devotionals go through the Epiphany, which I wasn't even aware of in my Pentecostal background. If you don't know what the Epiphany is, don't feel bad. I just had to look it up...  but it celebrates the Magi's visit to the Christ Child, which was the manifestation of Christ, God incarnate, to the Gentiles...)

Anyway, I'm already digressing in this first post... as I was reading this morning, the author pointed out that the new year really isn't a new beginning to God... and that essentially, we can't create new beginnings because He is the Creator... and while I'm not sure that I like that mindset, I can certainly thank God that His mercies are new EVERY DAY.

Not just January 1st...

But the first day of a new year is a great day to start over. To draw the line and decide that we can do whatever it is we want to do... and I'm only saying this because He makes us able.

And here's the thing. We are all in the same boat. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and every draft we've written have chickenscratch and red marks and huge areas we've tried to erase so much that the page is worn thin. If you're reading this and thinking, "Who am I for new beginnings?"... you're not alone. It's a daunting task to think that you have to start over...

but it's also a beautiful thing to know that through Jesus, you can be wiped clean.

Not because this is a new year... but because He makes all things new.

This wasn't the way I thought this first post of the new year would go. I had great plans of outlining what I hoped for in the new year... but I feel like maybe somebody needs to hear this. Needs to see it in black and white.

HE is faithful. He is enough. And He wants to help you write your story...

In fact, He says we are essentially letters to each other, through the way we live.

Every day is a new blank page.

12 months.

!2 chapters.

You choose... will your life be a love story or a tragedy?

Pick up your pen and start writing with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment