Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Stay-cation

My mind is racing tonight with thoughts of the new year, just four days away.  My hopes and plans and what all I'm going to accomplish...and my reflections on 2012.  I'm not going to give into those yet...

Right now it's quiet in my house.  Caleb has spent the day running up and down the holler, and is currently picking up Nana from work.  I am happy to say that he scheduled time with me and Wallace at 7 PM tonight through Siri, but when I asked him before he headed to town if we were still on, he said, "I'll have to check with Siri to see what my appointments are." I'm thinking that we will be left sitting at home alone if something better comes up, and that's ok. 

Today, I've sat on my couch.  I've read the book of Romans in my Bible (still behind, but I'm determined to read it all the way through.  Only 90 pages to go. And it's so good...) I've read a couple of lessons in my Esther study (also behind on this one... but God's right on time).  I've finished two books I've been reading, and read a few pages in a third.  Thrown a load of laundry in the washer, and took a long, hot bath. 

And I've checked email.  I subscribe to a lot of different blogs... Lysa Terkeurst, Beth Moore, Ann Voskamp, Incourageme, Priscilla Shirer, Proverbs 31 Ministries daily devotions... and when classes are in session I don't always get to read all of them.  I leave them marked unread in my inbox.  I used to panic when I saw the number of unread messages, but then I learned to breathe really deep and know that God would have a word for me when I got to them.  So today I've read and deleted and watched videos and just let the word speak to me.  I'm under 600 unread in my email.  Thinking I'll use the next hour or so to clean out a few more, but wanted to hop on here and touch base. 

I'm so thankful for this extended stay-cation.  No plans to go anywhere anytime soon, and for once, that's okay with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment