Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Musings... Gratitude

Mondays get a bad wrap.  Particularly Mondays that come after a busy weekend of all day class on Saturday, a five hour drive home, church and children's church on Sunday morning, and a pool party for little man's 10th birthday party...

And let's face it, on those kind of Mondays, when you can barely roll out of the bed, it's hard to be thankful. This is why being thankful has so much to do with intentionality.  We have to make a choice to choose gratitude, to look back the craziness of life and focus on the gifts.  Gifts like...

A job that gives me the opportunity to still "nurse", yet teach others.  Students willing to learn.  Nurses willing to teach.  Good friends that I miss at the hospital, and the chance to catch up.  Rainy days that make me sleepy, and the chance to just rest on the couch (with my eyes open) for a few minutes in the evening.  Crazy bread from Little Caesars and a ride home with Caleb with conversation, radio off, just us talking.  His logic and thinking... never fails to amaze me.  The sound of Wallace pounding on the treadmill, lecture notes done on time, and a couple of extra days to work on a paper.  A computer and facebook and twitter and the feel of community even when I am at home in the middle of nowhere. All of these things, which may mean nothing to anyone but me, but to me they are the greatest gifts...

God's Word... 1 Peter 5 and the reminder that humility is key... and is humility not a manifestation of thankfulness?  His love that never fails, and realizing (again) that His mercies are new every morning.  Gifts, if only I hold my hand out and accept them.  Thank You, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment