Monday, October 3, 2011

It Takes A Village

One of the blogs I subscribe to is doing a 31 day challenge.  They are writing on one topic for 31 days... I don't think I know enough about anything to write about it for 31 days, but I do learn something every day... so that's going to be my theme.  31 Lessons Learned. 
Today, I learned that I am blessed that I have family.  We might not always get along. Sometimes my husband may not always listen to me like I'd like, or Caleb may not pay attention to me like I'd like (are you seeing a theme here?) Sometimes I get a little crazy because we all live in a row and everyone knows everyone's business... but I am blessed to have someone care about my business.
Tonight, Caleb had flag football practice.  I had to administer an exam.  Wallace had a volleyball game.  Tomorrow, Caleb has play practice and a flag football game.  I have clinical.  Wallace has a volleyball game.  But I have a brother and sister-in-law willing to run with him.  And a father-in-law who's going to go sit in town all evening long so Caleb can do what he wants to do.  Not to mention a Mom and a sister who have pinch-hit almost every week this semester.  So, yes, they are up in my business... but my business couldn't go on without them. Caleb wouldn't be who he is without them. 
Sometimes family is difficult.  It's not always pleasant.  But they are mine.  And I love them.  I'm blessed because they are there. I realize this not just because they are there, but because I have realized they won't always be.  As I am writing this, a family in my church is facing a potentially life-threatening diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.  They are scared and grieving.  I am praying, and believing that my God can do miracles.  But above all, I'm thanking God that for this moment, those near and dear to me are mine.  He understands family, because He is our Abba Father.  Thank You, Lord, for all of my family. 
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children-- Psalm 103:17-

No comments:

Post a Comment