Friday, October 7, 2016

Good from the Bad

A couple of days ago I found myself muttering under my breath as I pulled into a parking lot, "I love when people just leave their shopping carts out."

It's one of my pet peeves, really...

You'll go to pull into a parking space, only to find a lone cart hiding just as you pull in.

It only takes a few extra minutes (if that) to park a shopping cart...

yet minutes are precious in today's society.

As I was complaining, a thought entered in my head.

"At least you're able to push a shopping cart."

Now I don't want y'all to think that I'm holier than thou, because I'm not...

but what I'm learning about contentment is that it is all about perspective.

We seek His kingdom first... We make ourselves vulnerable and choose happy. We become transformed by renewing our minds with His Word...

And we stop that negative thinking. We turn the bad into good, because that's what He's doing.

Just like Joseph said in Genesis, what others mean for evil God can turn to good. He doesn't cause bad things... but He doesn't always prevent them, either. Learning to be content means that we are able to recognize that for those who love Him, He's working it all to the good.

That doesn't mean it feels good.

It doesn't mean we enjoy it.

But we can have assurance that He has a bigger plan.

We can be satisfied knowing that in the end, it will all work out.

To learn to be content, when we find ourselves looking at the negative, we need to start searching for the positive. And sometimes it can be a true scavenger hunt...

but there's always a rainbow, even if it's hidden by clouds.

You just might have to squint to see it, or look out a different window.

Lord, help me see the good in all things as I look to be more content in You.

Is there a time in your life you've seen good come out of the bad? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment