Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Book List

Not a whole lot on my mind tonight, so I thought I'd talk a little about some of the stuff I'm reading.  I've read several book posts recently on blogs I've subscribed to, talking about some of the books they want to read in 2013, so I thought it'd be nice for me to think on that. 

Currently, I'm reading a lot of books.  I mentioned on Facebook that Caleb and I are having a "book club" since he is behind on AR points and has no motivation to read on his own, so we are reading Bridge to Terabithia.  I'm sure I've read it before, but really don't remember it, and I am enjoying it so far.  I'm reading Sizzling Sixteen, a Stephanie Plum novel.  I hope to finish that series off this year (still have 17, 18, & 19 to go).  I'm reading Stand by Me by Neta Jackson.  Jackson wrote a series called The Yada Yada Prayer Group that I absolutely loved, and this is kind of a spin off of that, with some of the same characters.  It's pretty good.

On my Kindle, I'm reading Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise.  It's one of a series by author Joyce Magnin (I recently read the first book, a free read, and had to buy the others.)  Very lighthearted and an easy read.  I'm also reading The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook, which reminds me of a Sophie Kinsella or Marian Keys book from a guy's point of view.

Then there are my Bible study books.  I'm reading Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman and I really love it.  I'm also reading Steven Furtick's Greater, and then my study on Malachi by Lisa Harper.

I've got a huge to read list... mainly because I am slightly addicted to books and also because I am a compulsory buyer of free books from amazon.com.  Some of the books on my radar, though, include The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brent Manning, Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu, Stedman's The Light Between Oceans, Water for Elephants, and I'd also like to reread Les Miserables.  Some of the Bible studies I'd like to work through include Priscilla Shirer's new one on Gideon (which doesn't release until May), Beth Moore's study on Deuteronomy and David ( I think it's called A Heart Like His?), and also one by Jennifer Rothschild (perhaps Missing Pieces?) There are so many good books out there... and so little time.  Then there's always War and Peace...

So I think I'll quit typing and start reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment