Friday, January 18, 2013

Gifts in the Word and SSMT #2

Counting gifts... I've been going by the Joy Dare and have also been adding some of my own.  I'm up to 123, after my latest three today.  Today's were gifts from His Word, and this one is relatively easy, because it is ALL good. 

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.  To think that God has a plan, a hope, for my future... it reminds me of a song that is out right now by Casting Crowns, that says, "When I'm lost in the mystery, to you my future is a memory, because You're already there..." What a gift to know that I don't have to worry about my future. 

Today, I read in Luke Chapter 1, and I have to share two sections of verses.  Earlier this week, I read Luke 1:37-38, and they jumped back off the page at me tonight.  "For with God nothing shall be impossible."  Nothing.  Not anything that we come against, not anything that we dream about... if we believe.  Mary accepted what should have been impossible and said, "Be it unto me according to thy word." May I be so willing.

The second section of the chapter that I wrote as one of my gifts was Luke 1:77-79.  In these verses, we are given the knowledge of salvation, tender mercy that brought us out of darkness into the light of the Dayspring, and peace.  Salvation... mercy... light and peace.  Does it get any better than that?

And the last gift I jotted down was Romans 3:23-24. This was the second verse I chose for the Siesta Scripture Memory team, and I'm going to try to get it from memory. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, being freely justified by the grace..." ok, I don't have it down yet.  "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."

All.  We have all sinned.  We are all on an even playing field.  We are all just trying to make it... but we have all been freely justified if we are willing to accept it.  Justified by grace... that gift that we don't deserve.  Grace provided by the redemption that is in Christ Jesus... for me and you.

God's Word... 1,000 gifts in itself

No comments:

Post a Comment