Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Feels Like Monday

 "Mom, today feels like Monday all over again."- said Caleb, as we walked out to the car this morning.

And it did.  I'm not a morning person, so I rolled out of bed and we were almost late... again. 

But as we walked down the hallway to the cafeteria, Caleb's hand found mine, and he held my hand the rest of the way.  And before I left, a rare kiss on the cheek... right there in public. 

Suddenly, my day that felt like Monday wasn't quite so bad. And I looked up to see this glorious view.


 A much needed day in my office allowed me to get caught up on grading. 

I checked off much of my never ending to do list, and even was able to leave in time to pick Caleb up from school.  Rode home with my windows down, music blaring from my phone, some good stuff like Killing Me Softly by The Fugees and I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, and, of course, a little Pearl Jam.

Pizza with Caleb, a little fighting over math homework (No, Caleb, Siri can not tell you the answers to your addition problems. You need to work them out yourself.) Peek-a-boo with Will.  A little reading. A good walk on the treadmill, a nice long bath, and bedtime to work on homework myself.

Yep, been a pretty good day. 

For a Tuesday that felt like Monday when we first got up =)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your "double" Monday turned out pretty good! Enjoy those kisses in public ... they get rare as the years go by. I've been one of the lucky moms ... my kids don't care! They love to show affection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Caleb stays that way, but since those kisses are rare, I'm thinking he won't =( Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete