Tuesday, August 26, 2014

An Uphill Battle

I really wanted an order of Mcdonalds French fries tonight.

As in I could pretty much taste their salty, greasy goodness.

But, I had gotten up at 515 and busted my butt on the treadmill and had also treated myself to a Kit Kat bar at our Relay meeting, so I kept on driving. 

Even though it kind of hurt my heart.

This struggle continues, and I don't really see it getting any better...

except it has.  They say that it takes 30 days to create a habit, and while I'm not there completely yet, I'm almost there.  Almost every day in August I've walked at least 2 miles... sometimes in the morning and the evening.  And despite what I will never, ever admit to Wallace Bates, I've actually enjoyed it.  Actually looked forward to it some days.

I don't enjoy getting up at 515 on nights when there are volleyball games... but I'm glad when I go into work with 5,000 steps under my belt.

I park farther from the office building and also walk around campus more.

I'm counting steps and trying to get them to add up.

And while I still gasp for air as I climb up the steps to my office (there is something wrong with those steps.  I think they need to install an oxygen tank at the top.), it's better, and I make myself go up and down them a couple more times a day.

I've not yet lost a pound... but I feel better.

I'm a work in progress.  I didn't get this way overnight... it was a long, slow downhill sprawl...

The climb back to where I need to be will be hard.  I will probably cry a little.

But I'll keep going. 

And if I don't check in every now and then, ask me about it and keep me accountable, because I'm not getting any younger and my metabolism is not speeding up.

And now, I'm going to bed... because 515 was a loooongg time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment