Sunday, May 15, 2011

Welcome to myself

So, this is the first time I"ve ever tried this and I don't want to seem self-absorbed, but I have always communicated best by writing so this is going to be a medium for me to communicate my thoughts and feelings to myself. If other people read it and are blessed, that's great!  I am currently reading No Other Gods by Kelly Minter and Breaking Free by Beth Moore, and I am finding that self-deception is a major problem in my life.  Im thinking that is probably the case for everyone.  Now before you start shaking your heads (there I go, thinking people will actually read this), how many times have you bought into the lie that you aren't good enough?  That you aren't worthy?  But we are!  One of my favorite verses right now is from 2 Corinthians 12:9.  It's the inspiration for the title of this blog.  It says, "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength is comes into its own in your weakness."  Paul goes on to say," Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness."
Now I don't know about you, but I am weak in a lot of things.  I am weak in wanting to do housework and laundry.  I am weak in anger management and patience.  I am weak when staring at a plate of brown butter cookies and a bag of Doritoes.  I am weak when it comes to saying no.  I am weak when it comes down to 1 Corinthians 13 love.  But that's ok.  I can be weak.  When I am weak, it gives Jesus a chance to show through. He can make me strong.  He can help me say no, help me be patient, help me to hold my anger in check and to love completely.  No, I am not perfect.  I'm not expected to be.  But I am not complete, either, and one day I will be made perfect. Philipians 1:6, "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  Until that day, I've just got to keep on keeping on.  And you do, too.  Cause he is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment